Please Observe Our Terms
Your contract with us
- Please read the terms and conditions below carefully as it forms the binding
contract (referred to as this“contract”) between you (referred to as “you” or “your”)
and Ripley Gant Casting of 94 Hamilton Road, Unit F4, Bangor BT20 4LG
. (referred to as “Ripley Gant Casting” or “we”, “us” or “our”).
- By submitting your application to be registered with Ripley Gant Casting you
agree to be bound by these terms on acceptance of application by Ripley Gant
Casting. If there is anything you do not understand within these terms and
conditions please contact us..
- We may be required to update The Ripley Gant Casting policy from time to
time, for example where the requirements of production companies change, so
please check it regularly.
How to apply:
- You can apply to be included in our casting portfolio (referred to as our “the
portfolio”) by completing and submitting the online application form. You must
provide complete and accurate responses to all the information requested on the
on line or written application including three photographs with a neutral white
background (full body, Head and shoulders and side profile) taken no more than
3months previously (this information is called “your details”.
The photographs you submit must me approved by Ripley Gant staff before they
will appear online. Should the photographs be deemed unsuitable – you will be
advised how to correct any errors.
Should you be unable to supply these photographs have a facility to shoot your
three 3 shot portfolio for you if required – the cost relating to this will be supplied
on request. We reserve the right to publish any application submitted and include it in our portfolio. Requests to remove this profile must be in writing and e mail with proof of identity. This could take up to seven days to complete and we may call you directly to confirm.
- Any applications without copy of drivers licence or passport will not be submitted as his is the only way we have of knowing that the application is genuine
- We reserve the right to publish any application submitted and include it in our portfolio, regardless whether you have continued to the payment section or not –
- in this instance It is unlikely you will be offered any work from us – Requests to remove this profile must be in writing and e mail with proof of identity included
- Any applications without copy of drivers licence or passport will not be submitted as his is the only way we have of knowing that the application is genuine
5. Important: by making an application: You agree to be bound by this contract
and to comply with instructions given to you and agreed within the Terms and
conditions or contact issued by Ripley Gant Casting.
• You agree that you don’t have any unspent criminal convictions other than
driving convictions, including sexual offences under the Sexual Offences Act
2003 or sexual offences NI order 2008
• You are not on the sex offender’s register and you have never been
subject to any disciplinary action or sanction relating to vulnerable groups.
• Under certain circumstances in order to facilitate contract and production
requirements an Access NI certificate will be required.
• You agree that either you are not knowingly allergic to any make-up or
prosthetics, or you have informed us in writing.
• You confirm that there are no material facts which you consider ought to
be disclosed and could be pertinent to your engagement, or likely to cause illness
injury or damage to yourself or others, or you have informed us in writing of such
• You confirm that you are legally entitled to live and work in the UK.
• You agree that we may publish your details (including your photographs)
on our website and any other materials, and forward your details to any
production companies or any other client of Ripley Gant Casting (referred to as
“production companies”) and to contact you with offers of bookings and details of
other productions we are casting for, and about other services related to your
Registration in our portfolio
6. Important: By applying you are not automatically included in our client base
list, and we reserve the right to restrict of refuse application or remove you from
our casting portfolio, for any reason no correspondence or conversation will be
entered into regarding the reasons for refusal. If we refuse your application or we
remove you from our casting portfolio you will be repaid any administration fees
you have paid and this contract will automatically terminate without liability.
- You are not officially registered with Ripley Gant Casting until you receive an
approval email from us, normally 72 hours after your application. It may take us
longer to review and approve your application during busy periods.
- Once you receive your approval email you must upload via our website a
photocopy of your passport or permit to work in the UK. We are unable to offer
you any bookings or pay you any fees until we receive this. If you do not upload
this within 10 days of our approval email we will cancel your application without
any further notice.
- Once you have been approved you will be included in our casting portfolio for
12 months from approval date. This contract will automatically expire on that
date. We may contact you prior to that date regarding renewal.
10. Important: Once your application is accepted, you appoint Ripley Gant
Casting to act as your agent in finding you bookings Movie & Television
extras, Photographic, Promotional & Fashion Models, Voice over Artists,
Pets on Film or other similar work (referred to as “bookings”) with production
companies in accordance with this contract. You are not in any circumstances
engaged as an employee or contractor of Ripley Gant Casting.
11. Important: While we endeavor to find bookings for everyone in our casting portfolio, we make
no guarantee that we will offer you any bookings at any time.
Your details and data privacy
- You are responsible for the accuracy of all your details you provide to us in
your application and keeping your details up to date. You can contact us at any
time to update your details. If we discover that any of your details are materially
inaccurate we reserve the right to remove you from the portfolio and terminate
- You must also ensure that your bank account details are correct and kept up
to date as we pay your fees by BACS to your account. Should you change your
bank account / Payment details without informing us, we are not responsible for
retrieving any payment from the bank account details you have provided to us.
- You must ensure that all physical descriptions and measurements are
accurate and are kept up to date and your photographs accurately represent how
you look. If you fail to do so, this may result in your being sent home from a
You can change your details and photographs often if you wish.
- Where we do not accept you onto our casting portfolio, we will delete your
data within one month, and refund your administration fee.
- Under the Data Protection Act (1998) and GDPR (2018), we are the data
controller of all your details we hold. We will use your details only for purposes
related to this contract, or as agreed or permitted by law, including contacting you
with offers of bookings and details of other productions we are casting for, and
about other services related to your bookings. We will use appropriate measures
to keep your details safe and secure. We will not sell or trade your personal
information. For more information about privacy and data, please read our full
- We will keep an archive of your details for so long as you remain on our
casting portfolio plus we are obliged under the Statue of Limitations to keep this
information for 6 years should you leave. We will need to keep some personal
details relating to any work you have done for legal reasons.
- To register you will pay an administration fee of £25 to be registered on the
Ripley Gant Casting web site. This fee covers our administration costs and the
cost of entry into the casting portfolio and once registered is therefore non-
- We also deduct a 15% commission from all fees you receive for bookings
which we arrange for you (referred to as “our commission”).
- You are not obliged to accept any booking offered to you. Once you accept a
booking you must keep yourself free for the whole of that day. This applies even
where a booking is for only part of a day, for example for a costume fitting, incase
a shoot runs over time in which case you will be paid.
- From time to time we may contact you to offer you bookings. We are not
obliged to offer you any bookings at any time.
- If for any reason you do become unavailable for a booking you have
accepted, you must contact the person at Ripley Gant Casting who booked you
for that job as soon as possible. Important: If you fail to turn up for any booking
without good reason, we may remove you from our portfolio.
23. Important: Production companies are entitled to cancel any booking without
charge up to 5.30 pm the day before the booking. We will notify you as soon as
practicable after we receive notice of cancellation of your booking. If cancelled
you receive no fee.
- You must comply with any instructions set out by the production company
you are contracted to.
25. Important: When you have accepted a booking, if you do not re-confirm your
availability to us by email, text or telephone on the day before a booking, before
4pm, we are entitled to replace you without further notice to you. This means that
the production will not allow you on set and you will not be paid.
26. Important: Non-attendance and lateness are very damaging to our
professional reputation so we enforce a strict ‘three strikes’ and you’re out rule.
If any person who does not attend two different bookings within a 12 month
period then a written warning will be given. If that same person then fails to
attend a third booking in that 12 month period this will result in automatic removal
from our portfolio. However, if it’s an emergency and you need to drop out of a
job it’s important you tell us as soon as possible we may reconsider.
• In office hours: You need to call the office on telephone number and speak
to the person who booked you.
• Out of office hours: If at any point you think you cannot attend a booking
and it’s out of hours, you MUST call the person who booked you on their
emergency mobile number to explain. You will find this on your emailed details.
- Your engagement on any booking is subject to a separate contract with the
production company. This will be a standard version of a production company
agreement, which you agree to be bound by.
- Some production companies make changes to this agreement, and the
applicable version will be sent to you in the email from Ripley Gant Casting
before each booking you for each engagement. Some production companies
may require you to sign a written contract with them, others may not. If for any
reason you are not able to sign this you give Ripley Gant Casting the right to sign
this on your behalf as your agent.
- In any event, by attending the production location for the engagement you will
be deemed to be bound by that production company agreement for that
- You must arrive at the production location by the call time you are given. If
you are late the production may not allow you on set and you will not be paid.
- While you are on set (or on any transportation to set provided by the
production company) you must:
•Be professional and courteous to anyone you cone into contact with on the set
at all times.
• Not make any video/film or sound recording or take any photographs;
• Depending on the production you may not be allowed to have your
phone/camera with you during your time on set
• Comply with any rules and regulations set by the production company; and
follow any instructions given to you.
32. Important: While you are on set (or on any transportation to set provided by
the production company) Ripley Gant Casting is not liable if you are injured
(unless it is caused by our negligence or breach of duty ) or for any loss of,
damage or theft of any of your personal possessions. The production company is
responsible for taking out personal injury or liability insurance to cover you while
you are on set.
- If your behavior on set (or on any transportation to set provided by the
production company) is considered by us or the production company as
unacceptable or inappropriate, including your behavior towards any member of
Ripley Gant Casting or any production staff member, or if you misrepresent
Ripley Gant Casting in any way, you may be required to leave the set, the
production company may not pay you for the booking, and we reserve the right to remove you from the casting portfolio.
- If the production company asks, you must sign a release form (this permits
the production company to use images, films and recordings of you). The
production company may not pay you if you do not sign this form. You also
authorise us to sign any release form requested by a production company on
your behalf. If you fail to sign a release form on the day, we may sign it on your
behalf, to ensure that you get paid.
35. Important: If you have any problems or queries when you are on set, you
must contact Ripley Gant Casting and not the production company. If necessary
we will raise this with the production company on your behalf. Of course, if there
is any immediate risk to anyone’s health or safety you should immediately raise
this the appropriate person on set.
Important: The work you do on any booking is strictly confidential, and you must
not disclose any details to any person. For example:
• At the initial stage of any engagement – prior to any book you may be required
to sign our own (NDA) Non-Disclosure agreement,
• You must not make any video/ film or sound recording or take any photographs
while on any set.
• You must not contact any journalist, newspaper, magazine or other
publication about any production you have worked on.
• You must not post any comments or photographs on any website, blog or
social network about any production you have worked on this includes Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp or any other social media platform.
• Production may also ask you to sign their own (NDA) Non-Disclosure
To you breach any clause within the NDA could result in court action and
personal liability and you will be immediately and permanently removed you from
our portfolio and not be paid for the work done.
- You authorise Ripley Gant Casting to receive all fees from production
companies for your bookings, on your behalf. These fees will be deposited into
our client account. You consent to use Ripley Gant Casting’s ‘secure on line
- Within 10 working days of our receiving your fees (this could be up to six
weeks after you have completed the booking, but is sometimes longer depending
on the production company) we will deduct our 15% commission then pay the
balance of the payment directly into your bank account by BACS. We will also
email you your remittance. Please note: We only send remittances by email.
- Ripley Gant Casting cannot pass payment to you until the production
company has made payment to us. If a production company fails to pay us, we
will chase them for payment on your behalf. You authorise us to issue
proceedings against any production company for unpaid fees on your behalf.
However, Ripley Gant Casting is not liable to you for any fees which a production
company fails to pay Ripley Gant Casting.
- If you receive and accept any fees directly from the production company you
accept to be personally liable for our fees after for our commission
- On some TV and film productions, you will be given a salary voucher (a chit)
at the beginning of each filming day. It is your responsibility to keep hold of this,
make sure it is signed at the end of each day by an appropriate member of the
production company, and return it to the production company. You will receive a
copy of your salary voucher which you must keep as proof that you worked that
day. The production company may refuse to pay you if it does not receive a
signed salary voucher at the end of the day.
- If the production company does not provide you with a salary voucher it is
your responsibility to keep a record of all times and dates that you worked. If you
work any overtime, you must email details of this to your contact at Ripley Gant
Casting the next day. If you do not, you may not receive payment for this. You
consent to use Ripley Gant Casting’s ‘Paperless Payments’ system for digital
signatures. We use these systems where the production company agrees.
Taxes and National Insurance
- For tax purposes, you are considered self-employed. You are therefore
responsible for paying your own income tax and completing your own annual tax
return. For more details please contact your local tax office or independent
- In the agreement at the beginning you are considered self-employed for
National Insurance purposes. You will not have a National Insurance deduction
from your payment and you will receive all payments without National Insurance
deductions. You will be responsible for paying any National Insurance and where
applicable. National Insurance which will be payable along with your self-
assessment income tax. Under no circumstances are you considered an
employee of The production company or Ripley Gant Casting
45: If you think there might be an error in your rate of pay for a particular day you
must email the person who booked you for the job. You have 2 working days
from the day you worked to report any error in your rate of pay. Errors reported
outside this time may not be paid if production refuse.
- This contract will automatically expire 12 months from approval date. We may
contact you prior to that date regarding renewal.
- You may terminate this contract at any time by providing us with 30 days
written notice. You or we may terminate this contract at any time by serving
written notice on the other if the other is in material or persistent breach of this
contract. In both cases, we will immediately cancel all bookings which were due
- On expiry or termination, we will immediately remove you from our casting
portfolio. We will continue to pay you any fees paid by production companies
(after deducting our commission) which we receive after termination for bookings
you attended prior to termination.
- Expiry or termination of this contract will not prejudice any rights or remedies
which have arisen under this contract prior to that date.
- You are not entitled to sub-contract, assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose of
your rights or obligations under this contract.
- We may update the guide which will be available on our website, but without
specific notice to you. Otherwise, this contract may be varied by us on 30 days
written notice to you.
- If you or we fail to require the performance of any terms of this contract or
you or we waive any breach of this contract, this will not prevent you or we later
enforcing such term, nor be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of this
- Should any provision of this contract be declared invalid for any reason, such
decision will not affect the validity of any remaining provisions which will remain
in force and effect. In those circumstances, we are entitled to replace the invalid
provision with a provision of similar or equivalent economic effect, by written
notice to you.
- Nothing in this contract is intended to or shall operate to create a contract of
employment, partnership or joint venture of any kind between you and us, or to
authorise you to act as our agent. You shall not have authority to act in the name
or on behalf of or otherwise of Ripley Gant Casting in any way.
- Whenever under this contract any sum of money is payable by or recoverable
from you and due to us, then we may deduct or set-off the amount of such sum
from any fees we receive on your behalf, and we will notify you that we have
- Nothing is this contract confers any rights or benefits on any person or legal
entity other than you or us.
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement and supersedes all previous
verbal or written agreements between you and us. Except for the information you
provide to us before your application, or otherwise as expressly stated in this
contract, neither you nor us have relied upon any statement or representation
made by the other in entering into this contract.
- This contract, both in written form and on-line and all matters regarding the
interpretation or enforcement words of this contract regardless of where the job
booked takes place and any other matters or disputes arising in connection with
it shall be governed by Northern Ireland law and you and we hereby submit to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Ireland courts.